Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lots of changes in the Bentley house!

Hello! A Year LATER!

Hello everyone! So my last post was (0ver) a year ago, and while that is incredibly pathetic I suppose the best way to remedy the situation is to post again!

A lot has changed for us in the last year, including job changes, the birth of a new little niece Kate and all of the changes that come with having a now four year old boy!

Andy is gearing up to make a change from working as a relationship manager for Bank of the West, to a well, I'm not exactly sure what his title will be, for Market One. Market One does primarily commodities trading, and Andy will act as a financial guru for them. Wow, I sounded way informed, huh? (sigh) We all know how little information I typically get from Andy, and I have accepted that! :)

I have taken a new position with Ankeny Schools as an Instructional Coach at Prairie Ridge Middle School. I am super excited to be a partner with teachers in their classrooms and lead the professional development as we move into our third year of content literacy work. Prairie Ridge is one of two 6-7 buildings in the district. My job is very different than what I have been doing my entire career, but is a welcome change. This is the first "Sunday before the first day of school" where I haven't been stressed about meeting my students and preparing my classroom. A weird feeling, and a little sad--but welcome!! I am sure this year will be full of growing pains and new adventures.

Carter began his new daycare/preschool a few weeks ago and has had a rough time settling in. He is usually very go with the flow, but after having been in an in home where he was the king of the hill, adapting to kids his own age has been a challenge.

He had a wonderful first week, but then last week--a rough Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday- but Thursday and Friday were great. He even got his monkey in the tree. (Not sure what that means, but I think it is good-- I could have never been an elementary teacher!) So, here's to hoping week three goes well- and his monkey gets real comfortable in the tree.

Well that's it for now, I have a few ideas of how I would like to transform this blog to include a bit more interesting topics than updates on our family. Because, let's face it, we are not that exciting! Here's to a new start on the blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment